• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charger or Battery?

Turtletom100

Oct 8, 2014
Hi I have a s4 and when it was bought it come with eta0u71xwe which I think is the wrong charger for the s4 but it has worked fine and charged at 1200mah up until the last couple weeks.

The phone weren't picking it up at all so I decided to buy a new genuine cable and still didn't work so started using my charger and cable from an lg gpad which is a 2a charger and again everything was fine was fine for a few days but over the past week or so even this charger has started being temperamental and sometimes will charge fine other times it won't charge and sometimes it will charge but cut off and on continuously. (Even without touching the cable or phone)

Earlier on today the phone completely died and I stuck the charger in and it booted into factory mode with the green android logo so I hit the home button and volume down and it reset fine.

Now it charges but is taking forever it is currently charging at 300mah/340mah/400mah sometimes it will go up to 1900mah (but not actually charging the phone) I don't know what else it could be there has being no new installed apps and a factory reset was done when it first stopped charging using the Samsung charger.

Any suggestions as to what this could be would be appreciated cheers guys

I don't think it will be a bad usb port as it was 100% fine I have just ordered a genuine 2a samsung plug and cabke so will persevere and see if this helps it but find it weird how it has being fine for the past 6 months since I bought it the only thing that has changed withing the last sort of 5/6 weeks is there has a being new firmware update which had kids mode but surely it can't be that. For the minute I have just stuck my partners cable into the gpad charger and it is charging right.

But then it's not the cabke as the gpad still charges fine. To say I'm baffled would be an understatement lol

Upvote 0
This is almost certainly a hardware problem with the phone and I agree with sreum, it's probably the USB port.

Any charger with a micro USB plug should work. I've tried at least 10 different chargers with my S4 and every single one worked fine. The only difference was the speed.

Any intermittent problem with charging is almost always a hardware issue. Let's see how your new charger is but I would be surprised if that completely fixes the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones