Charger port is loose.....can I charge any other way??Support

1. mmmanda

mmmanda New Member

My charger port is loose and I need to charge my phone! I cant take the phone into the store til probably Wednesday, but I need to charge my phone til then. Any ideas??

Advertisement
  2. ganj_420

ganj_420 Well-Known Member

You can charge it on a wireless charging pad if you get the special back cover from Verizon. I think the back cover is $30-$40 and the charging pad at least $50 I would guess so you'd be looking to spend at least $100
  3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

You can also buy a charger that just charges the battery.
  4. chknhwk

chknhwk Well-Known Member

My wife's phone has the same problem so I just ordered her the chichitec double battery pack and battery charger. I have a feeling the battery charger is going to be slow, has anybody done any testing or reviews on external battery chargers? Any idea on what the fastest charging one is? The wife wants the mat on top of the external charger, has anybody tried this with the bad charger port?
  5. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

That charger is slow, but I got two batteries with it so you should never run out of juice. That is if you got the same thing I did.
  6. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

The one i have is the cheap kind off Ebay that came with 3 1500 mah batteries from Hong Kong.
    It takes 4 hours to turn blue and fully charge the batteries, sometime i leave it 5 hours to get a good full charge. Maybe the brand you are getting might charge faster but, that is my experience with them. I am not a battery swapper, i just have them for emergencies (hurricanes) and spares.
    Hope that helps.
  7. jumperwire

jumperwire Active Member

So is the loose charger port covered under factory warranty?
  8. TheAtheistReverend

Probably depends on the customer service rep you talk to. But the only way to find out is to ask. If they say yes, make sure you record their name and employee number and when they told you this. CYA.
  9. zoukis05

zoukis05 Well-Known Member

I can't see how it's not, it just happened to my Inc2 a couple of weeks ago. I've had the phone 3 months and all of a sudden it stops taking a charge? I'd like to see them sell me on it not being covered under warranty. Funny thing is that when the battery wasn't dead it said it was taking a charge and the charging light was actually on, but the battery just kept draining.

I've been waiting on my battery charger from ebay just to get mine up and running to retrieve any items saved on the internal memory and then unroot so that I can get mine replaced.
  10. TheAtheistReverend

Unless you have a positional charging problem, that sounds like the charger (which you have coming). Hopefully you won't need to replace your phone. I have had the phone look like it was charging while it was actually draining, but that was due to the outlet it was plugged into. New outlet, no problem. I have also heard those symptoms with faulty chargers. Good luck.
  11. zoukis05

zoukis05 Well-Known Member

I wish it was just the charger. It's the port. I've tried multiple chargers in multiple outlets. Also tried car charger and PC USB port. None of which have been successful.
  12. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

This is happening to my dinc2 and I just got it two days ago. Looking at the verizon forums it seems this is a problem with the charging port a/k/a crappy design.
  13. HuskerFan6

HuskerFan6 New Member

I called Verizon, as my Inc 2 was having same problem. CSR stated, "Let me check with Tech to see if a bad charging port is covered under warranty."

I was ready for a fight. :mad:

Tech came on, stated it IS covered and even upgraded my shipping to overnight. Very pleased.:)