• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charger Question

Leonard

Jun 18, 2010
I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to this question. (I hope this doesn't mean this is a stupid question...lol)

I just upgraded from the Incredible to the Rezound and was wondering if I can use the Inc's charger for the Rezound without any problem. I'd like to have a charger at work and would rather not have to buy a new one.

I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to this question. (I hope this doesn't mean this is a stupid question...lol)

I just upgraded from the Incredible to the Rezound and was wondering if I can use the Inc's charger for the Rezound without any problem. I'd like to have a charger at work and would rather not have to buy a new one.

Yes any old standard charger will work, wont fit as snug as the original but will be fine,I'm using a palm charger right now.

Upvote 0
@Leonard, almost anything will recharge the rezound. Sometimes i plug in the charger for my bluetooth earpiece to slowly recharge the phone too:D Before this I recharge it using the USB port on the laptop but this is annoying since it tries to sync or launch something every time i plug it in. These days i use the home/desktop dock/charger at work. If your old charger is around 1A power that'll be perfect. Under 1A will also work just fine too but maybe a little slower.
Anyways just plug it in... and go to Settings - About phone - Battery - Battery status...
If it says "Charging (AC)", this is the fast charge (about +1% a minute using the 1A HTC charger)
If it says "Charging (USB)", this is the slow charge (about +1% every 2 minutes, no matter how many A it claims to output).
Have fun. Bye.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones