Charger with spare battery slot for Samsung Galaxy STips

Last Updated:

1. Yiannis_P

Yiannis_P New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 12, 2010
    Hello! I bought from ebay a charger for Samsung Galaxy S which can also charge an extra battery along with the phone. But when I plug my Galaxy on this, it pops up the PC connection menu, the screen trembles and doesn't respond correctly.

My question is: Which of the following do you thing is responsible for this?

1. The charger? (If the voltage is right what makes it different from the original?)
    2. The cable? (Original USB to Micro USB data cable)
    3. The wall plug? (American to European converter)

Specifications at the back of the charger:
    Input: AC100-240V~50/60Hz 0.15A
    Output: DC 4.2V~350mA~+-50mA
    USB 5.2Vd.c. 800mA

2. johninga

johninga Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Can't help with the problem, but I am looking to buy one from the USA - It's called the "Samsung charger bundle kit". I have just spoken to Samsung USA and they confirm everything should be fully compatible - particularly the voltage of the charger which is what I was worried about. You mention something about the usb cable - it should all be micro usb yes?? You shouldn't need an adaptor . ? As i'm writing this I cannot see your message anymore . . I can only guess that if you do have an adaptor that is the problem.

OK you don't have an adaptor - just re-read your message. Is your product the one advertised on the Samsung.con site? Where you can mount the phone whilst the spare battery is being charged . . SEE