Charger!!!

1. bigbyrd

bigbyrd Member

My charging dock was stolen along with some other stuff. Found out you cannot purchase it separately yet. So now I have a $300 paper weight. Called Verizon, best buy as well as Samsung and nothing.

So just a heads up, be very careful not to break or lose that charging dock.

Advertisement
    ocnbrze likes this.
  2. lylisdad

lylisdad Member

Kind of ridiculous that no charger is available for purchase anywhere.
  3. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Sorry regarding your misfortune. :(

Decided to give it a shot myself via SAMSUNG CHAT & same info,w/a twist:

Basically,each dock/cradle will only work w/the watch that it came with.They will repair,but,no extras are available at this time.
    The Chat CSR went on to state that the issue of cradle exclusivity to a particular watch is in the works,so that any cradle should be able to work,once this update/design change is implemented.

If anyone has experienced anything contrary to the above,please chime in,as I wouldn't mind having an extra cradle to keep @ work/etc...... :)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. bigbyrd

bigbyrd Member

I didn't know it would only work with the dock it came with, that's even worse.
  5. bigbyrd

bigbyrd Member

Update: $28 and a 2 week turnaround. There is an NFC chip in the charging cradle that had to be paired to the gear.
    ocnbrze and KOLIO like this.
  6. KOLIO

This is for a new cradle & shipping (assuming you had to send the GEAR to SAMSUNG for service/pairing of the cradle) ?

If so,doesn't sound like too bad of a deal.Sorry that any expense had to be incurred,but,not too bad considering you have your GEAR to use once again.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. bigbyrd

bigbyrd Member

Yeah, that's right. Shipping both ways and a new cradle, but no usb charger. Just using one of my old ones. Not too bad.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  8. KOLIO

I see that the cradles are now available for about $25,currently on back order though.
  9. BonJoviGirl

BonJoviGirl Well-Known Member

I just ordered one from the Samsung site. I don't know why I have such a problem finding accessories on their site.