• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chargers

Ben Smith

May 6, 2015
Hi,

With my new LG G2, I got an LG branded "travel adaptor" (which has two thin, square pins with one hole in each of them) and a USB cable. I also got a white plug labelled "travel adaptor". I'm quite sure that this plug isn't made by LG, and it has some chinese writing on its sticker. It says "10A 250V" on it. Is 10A or 250V too much/too little??
It has two diagonal pins (which fit in Australian sockets) and I live in Australia.

So the USB cable goes into the LG "travel adaptor" (two rectangular pins with circular holes), which goes into the dodgy looking white "travel adaptor adaptor, which then goes straight into my wall socket.

Is it safe to use this white plug to charge my LG G2 D802?

Is it better to use the charger that I got with my 3rd Gen iPad?

Also, what is the best way to charge this device (I think it's got a Lithium Polymer battery)? E.g. At what percentage to charge, for how long, how many times, etc, etc.

Thanks so much for the advice :)

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones