Charging accessories...

Last Updated:

1. BigRedNole

BigRedNole Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since the Droid is a micro-USB connection, I am assuming that we do not have to purchase the over-priced Motorola/VZW accessories? All that is necessary is standard car/wall adapter that accepts USB input. Then, any micr-USB cable will suffice. A quick look at different sites has the chargers for ~$10 and a micro-USB cable is only ~$3.

Is this correct thinking?

Advertisement
  2. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

you are correct...also if you purchase the car phone holder,it comes with a car charger ...all for 30 bucks

3. BigRedNole

BigRedNole Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you. Saved me ordering that extra car charger. Since I already have a USB wall charger at the house, I only need to buy a second micro-USB cable from the Egg.

4. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

Historically, Motorola has crippled the charging. My RIM/Blackberry charger shows up on my work Motorola phone as "Unauthorized Charger" and will not charge the phone.

5. gthrift

gthrift Guest

I hate that this phone is microUSB. I have 3 motorola miniUSB wall chargers and a car charger from previous phones. Now they go and change it... damn aholes, lol. I might buy both docks now so so I can keep the wall charger in my briefcase for travel and keep the dock at home for charging at night.

6. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

There are mini-usb to micro-usb converters. I have a number of them for my Storm, since the vast majority of my sync cables were mini-usb.

7. billd

billd Well-Known Member

I hope they don't do that with the Droid. One thing I was considering was an external battery/charger.