Charging Battery Question...Support

Last Updated:

1. cosmosan

cosmosan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it okay to partially charge the battery (ie. to not completely charge to full)? I ask because I have the car dock which includes a power connection. Now, whenever I dock my phone, it'll get charged, but I'm hardly ever in my car long enough for the phone to get fully charged, so I end up taking the phone off the dock before a full charge. Is this okay for the battery?

Advertisement
  2. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yes thats perfectly fine. Running your battery dead is the only thing that isn't good for it. I mean, it wont hurt it just try to avoid it if possible. Keeping your battery from 50%+ is better.

3. cosmosan

cosmosan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so if I randomly charge my phone for 10 minutes and don't charge to full, it doesn't shorten the life of the battery?

4. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

The way I've seen it explained is that you get X number of charges for the life of the battery. Charging from 25-50% is 1/4 of a charge, charging from 25-75% is 1/2 of a charge, charging from 0-100% is a full charge, etc.

5. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Not that you are going to notice. I've done that before and I haven't noticed anything wrong.

6. Zog Bog

Zog Bog Active Member

This morning when calling support about a couple of problems I was having (battery life, camera pixel), the tech guy said that Verizon is now advising X owners not to rely solely on car chargers for recharging.
    He said phone draw is usually too great to provide enough power to run and recharge simultaneously.