Charging & Battery questions

Last Updated:

1. jimdriver2

jimdriver2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for another thread on this, but i've got a number of particular questions, and having read all the threads I can find, there's still a couple of things i'm not 100% on.

1. Would any micro USB 1A charger be safe to use with the phone? It's just I'd like to have a spare charger to take with me when at work/away on business, and having found that just USB from the PC is far to slow, I wanted to make sure it was ok?

2. Is regularly (daily) overnight charging ok? It's just that i've read t's not great to leave it on charge once it's full. That seems problematic to me if a overnight charge = 7 hours charging, but the phone only needs 3 hours to charge at least 90%.

3. I seem to get about 20-22 mins of heavy usage (wi-fi on, browsing/using apps) to 10% of the battery at the moment. The phone is only 1 week old though, am I likely to see an improvement, and if so what sort of one?

cheers.

Advertisement
  2. wisewood

wisewood Active Member

I'm in the same sort of situation. Had the phone just over a week, and still very excited about it and wanting to play with it all the time. Battery is fully charged when i leave the house at 7:30am and dead by the time i get home at 6pm.

Dial down the brightness, dont get too carried away with the data use and games and i can get it to last until after i've eaten when i get home. Then its gone.

3. jimdriver2

jimdriver2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone able to help us out with these?

4. dunetails

dunetails Active Member

I've ordered a coulpe of 5v @ 1A generic USB chargers from Amazon, I'll let you know when they arrive if they work but there is no reason they shouldn't.

I've been using a Blackberry charger at work, 5v @ 0.5A, it works but takes twice as long.

As long as ensure it's exactly 5v and that it doesn't exceed 1amp you should be fine.

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

1. yes, fine
    2. dont leave on charge. After reaching 100%, charging stops, and wont restart/trickle until it hits 90%.
    3. what screen brightness are you running? Have you turned bluetooth and GPS off? It does take 1-2 weeks to see battery life improve, but 20 min of wifi only (?) isnt normal. Is this a day, or constant use to see the drain?

If during the day, turn off or reduce your app sync intervals.