Charging cable questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have an old micro USB charging cable (AC and car) from an env2. It plugs into the Incredible but doesn't charge the phone. I would have thought any micro USB charging cable would work. Does anyone know why it wouldn't work?

Advertisement
  2. plim

plim Well-Known Member

My env2 chargers (oem or VZW-branded generic) seen to charge the phone adequately.

jprow507 likes this.
  3. WPerry66

WPerry66 Active Member

My Blackberry chargers (both wall & car) have been working just fine for me.

jprow507 likes this.
  4. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

Just be sure to watch the amperage. I know most chargers run different amps then the Incredible charger. If I recall correctly the stock Incredible wall charger has 1 amp out

WPerry66 likes this.
  5. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the input ... that is really strange.... the chargers aren't Verizon chargers but they work for the env2 and for a bluetooth headset. When plugged into the Incredible it starts beeping and will show charging then "plug in charger" back and forth....

6. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend it. It usually means that it detects a charger, but it is not getting the right voltage or current. So at the risk of possibly frying your new phone, find a charger made for the Incredible or use the stock one.

jprow507 likes this.