• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charging cable weirdness

leftystrat

Dec 14, 2009
leftystrat.blogspot.com
I got 2 cables when I bought the phone. One charges the phone, the other doesn't. Both connect. [usb > micro usb]

I also got a home charger that charges the phone beautifully but it makes the phone act like it's got a ghost in it. Stuff just seems to open and close randomly. When I unplug, the random stuff stops. No other charger causes haunting.

Anyone else?

I gotta go now - the dog's humping the cat again.

I would stop using anything that makes your phone wack out immediately. If it's OEM, take it back to Verizon and request (demand) an exchange.

If it's not OEM ... you're on your own. :eek: Maybe it's still under warranty. If not, toss it and replace with OEM.

Nah, it's aftermarket. But it charges the phone, which I think is pretty weird.

Thanks.

P.S. Remember the Ibanez RG550? They reissued it.

Upvote 0
P.S. Remember the Ibanez RG550? They reissued it.

I've personally owned over 300 Ibanez electric guitars. Mostly RG series, 500 series and above. I've had 10s of 550s (probably at least 50). In fact, I have one in the arsenal right now ... that's customized to the hilt. :cool:

I'm not too too impressed with their reissues though. They just don't have the same feel. I dunno...

This Thursday I'm listing a 1973 Fender Strat in sunburst. Almost entirely stock ... except for the tuning pegs. Sweet! Just not my cup of tea.

Upvote 0
I've personally owned over 300 Ibanez electric guitars. Mostly RG series, 500 series and above. I've had 10s of 550s (probably at least 50). In

This Thursday I'm listing a 1973 Fender Strat in sunburst. Almost entirely stock ... except for the tuning pegs. Sweet! Just not my cup of tea.

Wow, that's a lotta Ibanezes!
I've got a lawsuit LP, RG440, and new-ish jazz box (all lefty). Had a fresh 550 in Road Flare Red. GREAT finish, crappy guitar. The necks aren't for me... I like a vintage V and 7.25 radius. I'll never make it as a shredder :)

Bummer about the Strat. You'll clean up selling it - good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones