Charging ClockSupport

Last Updated:

1. dabears900

dabears900 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to setup my incredible so that when I plug in my charger and lock the phone on my night stand it will continue to display the time or even the time and weather (similar to the HTC widget.)

If that is not possible maybe someone could recommend a good desktop clock app that would have weather/alarm/clock/dimmed display

thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

Kaloer Clock. You can set it to come on during certain times and also require it to be plugged in/charging when you do. Variable look and brightness. Overall, really nice. I've tried others, and wish I could find one with weather but so far, they all have issues (such as not turning off the backlights of the dedicated buttons at the bottom of the phone). Bedside Clock app is promising weather but I won't bother trying until it's added (it costs $1.99 whereas Kaloer Clock is free). Also, I've contacted the developer of Kaloer clock on a couple of different occasions and he's not failed to respond. So I was impressed.

You can click on the HTC clock widget and use the built in desk clock. You can also click the icon at the bottom when you do and it will give you a very simple dimmed clock that can change orientation but overall, I was happier with Kaloer. I can't believe that HTC couldn't build in that functionality to the phone...

3. sta7ic

sta7ic Well-Known Member

if you click on the clock widget on the homescreen, it brings up a whole app. On the bottom to the far let is a alarm clock. click on that It will show you the time and weather. You can leave it at that, or click on the moon icon, or the laptop icon and that shows a little clock for you.
    Hope that helps.

4. Phoenix3193

Phoenix3193 Member

Download this app from the n1: h t t p : //sites.google.com/site/motodroidlife/home/DeskClock.apk?attredirects=0

and this one for the weather: h t t p : //sites.google.com/site/motodroidlife/home/GenieWidget.apk?attredirects=0

there might be a way to have it open automatically when your charging, but i dont know of any.

5. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

klaxon is sweet but Idk of how to program to automatically open when charging

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

6. dabears900

dabears900 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Kaloer clock works great!! thanks! the only issue is that the softkeys remain lit. Have you run in to any issues with this for the HInc