1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Charging currentGeneral

1. Frostypawz

Frostypawz Active Member

Does anybody know of an app that will display the charging current being drawn as your phone is on the charger? I've found a couple but they don't seem to work on the U.S. version of the S3 for some reason. I'd like to see the real time difference in milliAmps drawn as I charge when using different chargers/cables.

Advertisement
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Elixir 2
    funkylogik and Mikestony like this.
  3. Frostypawz

Frostypawz Active Member

Thanks for the response. I installed Elixir 2 and its widgets. I put a "battery current" widget on my phone. It registers "0" when I plug in the phone to charge. When the phone is otherwise running it registers a "-1". Can you give me a clue what I might be doing wrong?
  4. akikhia

akikhia Well-Known Member

ya me too
  5. XplosiV

Did you wait a minute or two to let it refresh?
  6. Frostypawz

Frostypawz Active Member

Hi XplosiV ; ) ,
    Yes,in fact,I did better than that. I set the refresh rate for 5 seconds and have been actually waiting all night. I still get the same thing. Can you think of a reason it might not be working,some setting or something? Elixir2 otherwise is pretty amazing for free! By the way,I knew I would hear back from you quick (a big thanks!) because of the fact that master x is watching me :)
  7. XplosiV

Lolz

The only thing i can think of is to try a reboot.

I tried mine with a 5 second refresh rate and it still defaulted to 1 minute in real time. Its a little buggy, like with having a screen brightness widget, sometimes it doesn't take effect until you enter the settings screen or use a slider manually
  8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the US version of the S3, so 'Battery Monitor Widget' might also not work with it.

I like 'Battery Monitor Widget' because of its nice graphs. Amperage, percentage, voltage, wattage and temperature of the battery are shown by time.
    Two graphs can be shown one above the other, so I can see e.g. current and percentage of the whole discharging and charging cycles.
    Because all measurements are stored I can switch to show e.g. charging current and battery's temperature of a charging cycle.

BTW, the app let you choose to show the currently mA on the notification bar, too :)

Harry
    funkylogik likes this.
  9. TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC Well-Known Member

I use Battery Monitor Widget on my Verizon S3. It is a nice app and the developer has some other good apps, but they have tons of features and no documentation except a shoddy blog and forum. Android tuner looks like a great app, but way to much money for a beta with no documentation.

I am going to look at elixir 2. I like that battery monitor widget supposedly monitors battery capacity and loss of it. I'm just not that sure it really works.