charging helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. TheNewZackMorris

TheNewZackMorris Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone. This seems to be a pretty amazing forum with loads of knowledge, so I'm hoping someone can help me. Got a droid yesterday and I have a quick question.

I had my phone off and plugged in the charger and then the phone came back on and started to charge. Is there anyway to charge it and keep the phone off?

Thanks for any help you all can give me. It'll be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

IIRC, no, the phone powers on when you start charging it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

The only way to charge your phone and keep it off, is to get a battery only charger. That would be annoying though, opening up your phone every time to charge it.

At first I thought it was pretty stupid on Motorola's part doing this, but now I'm over it. I just lock my screen and set the phone on silent, almost the same thing, but you keep sync. Although I still wish I could turn it completely off sometimes, as here lately I have woken up a few times to find my battery at 5% after charging all night, because something messed up in the phone.

4. lilleyen

lilleyen Member

I believe this is done on purpose.
    For one thing, it allows the phone to do it's housekeeping while being charged, syncing, auto updates, etc.
    For another, if the phone is in a car cradle or a desktop cradle, it can be charging while in GPS or map mode, or on the desktop, alarm clock mode etc.
    GPS mode for one can eat a lot of battery, so it needs to be plugged in.