Charging issue???

Last Updated:

1. AlexC8710

AlexC8710 Member This Topic's Starter

So I have the Moto Droid and I was wondering if anybody else can confirm if this is normal.
    Scenario:
    I wake up for a long trip and unplug my phone from the charger in my house, get ready to go and go down to my car. When I get to my car I put my phone in the car mount that I bought at Verizon and plug in the charger. But when I plug in the charger the charge indicator next to the mini USB port on the phone does not light up, and the battery level indicator on the notification bar does not show the charge symbol (the electric arrow). But then on my return trip home I plug it in and it shows both.

Is this normal? Is the phone programed to not charge once it is fully charge and start charging once it gets below a certain level? It is trickle charging, but just doesn't indicate that it is doing so?

Thank you,
    Alex

Advertisement
  2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

The white LED turns off once the phone is fully charged. I'm not sure about the rest of this issue though because I have yet to charge my Droid in a vehicle.

3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Is probably correct. I know it isn't trickle charging. Lithium ion batterys don't like a trickle and are designed to stop charging once they are full.

4. AlexC8710

AlexC8710 Member This Topic's Starter

If somebody could test it out and see if they get the same results that would be awesome!

5. square

square Well-Known Member

yes, this is normal.