• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging issue

Girevik

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2010
So my daughter has been playing with my tablet alot, and last week she tells me it's not charging. It looks like there's a couple of bent pins on the charger so I ordered a new cord from Amazon.

I plugged it into the wall for an hour and still had nothing. I was just about to give up hope and figured the pad was dead when I tried plugging it in to the computer. At first I got excited because the screen cam on with the low battery symbol and I thought it was charging. Now as I look at it though, the screen keeps going on and off with that same symbol. Does anyone know what's up? Is my pad dead?

I eventually figured out the issue was with the wall plug, not the cord. The plug it came with has a panel on the front that the prongs are on and it moves. I shifted it back down and that seemed to do the trick.

I'm surprised, though, that when I plug it into the computer directly, or a different wall charger, that it doesn't seem to get enough juice to charge it properly.

Upvote 0
There's a known glitch with the charging.

In my case, simply doing a hardware reset (i.e. the pin in the hole) or a complete shutdown solved the issue.

Others put the charger into the freezer for a while (ya, strange, but those people said it worked like a charm).

Wow, putting the charger in the freezer for 20 min works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones