• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging issue

Hi there! I have an unusual problem with my phone. While charging the phone (AC) I get the following message: "Your phone is using more current than the charger is able to deliver." It will show as having maybe 10 % power left but when I reboot the phone it's suddenly fully charged. It seems that the phone is misunderstanding charging as decharging as seen in the image "charging use" which shows steady declines whenever charging and sudden rises after rebooting. The phone was bought rooted with some different OS on it but has since been converted back to standard. The problem started ocurring a good while after this change so I don't believe the two things to be connected. I have tried reinstalling the OS, using other power outlet and charger, and another battery, all to no avail. Phone is fully updated and has no odd apps on it. Any ideas?

2013-04-27_08-07-23.png 2013-04-27_08-07-45.png 2013-04-27_08-07-56.png 2013-04-27_08-08-08.png 2013-04-27_08-33-05.png

First thing I'd normally suggest is to check whether or not it's charging via AC or USB, but from those screenshots, it's AC. You've also done pretty much everything I would suggest.

Have you tried another cable? Does there look to be anything impeding the charging port?

Not sure what else to suggest, sorry :(

Reactions: friendly ghost
Upvote 0
I live in Buenos Aires and am sure there must be some unofficial repair shop nearby. The issue with doing this is twofold, first off I have very little trust in these places, and secondly HTC is not a huge player here in Argentina so there isn't a lot of knowledge about them locally. I might go down this road eventually but only when I'm ready to lose my phone forever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones