• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Charging Issues

soxtober05

Android Enthusiast
Aug 29, 2012
Small midwest town
Tuesday morning, I got up, did my normal routine (which includes removing my phone from the charge plug...and I know it said 'charged' on the lockscreen).
When I got to work...1/2 hr. of drive time...I pulled the phone out of my pocket, and it was hot, and the batt. indicator was in the red and it said 'connect to your charger' on the lockscreen.

Since then, I've charged it 4x, usually at night before knocking out for bed, and it's been fine.

So I just wanted to ask if that's ever happened to anyone?...OR has anyone returned theirs to VM for non-charge?

Peace,
Sox

What it sounds like you may have gotten stuck or frozed. What u may want to do is if rooted or not rooted is wipe battery stats . If you charge the device while its on and wait til its full . You may want to charge and then turn off and power back on .

I'm not sure if either of those would apply, simply because the phone was discharged to 8% when I plugged it in.

When I woke-up and pulled it off, It was fully charged. It was powered on while charging, but that's never had that effect on it before.

Upvote 0
Ive had similar issues. for instnace I'll have around 15% battery left, and sinse jb sucks on the reverb itll reboot and itll tell me i have 54% left then die with 34% battery left...

Im thinkin about getting the GS3 or the ZTE Supreme whenever they hopefully go on sale, the Reverb, in my opinion was a bust

Upvote 0
Ive had similar issues. for instnace I'll have around 15% battery left, and sinse jb sucks on the reverb itll reboot and itll tell me i have 54% left then die with 34% battery left...

Im thinkin about getting the GS3 or the ZTE Supreme whenever they hopefully go on sale, the Reverb, in my opinion was a bust

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones