• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
This is a fairly well known issue with this tablet...check the charging thread on androidcentral. In fact I am here checking to see if anyone has found a solution before I waste my time with Samsung tech support, again, over this same issue. Its been happening to me for a couple months now and has been getting worse over the past week or so. Mine will charge from 47% to 50% then stall out and remain at 50% for hours. Then I will notice, unplug it, replug and maybe get a few more percent. I did this for two days last week to finally get to 100%. I am pretty POed at the situation as Samsung will treat me like a fool and tell me to do a factory reset, then tell me to send it in while not acknowledging this is a common issue. The part that drives me nuts is my only option is to send it to them for repair and be without my tablet for a while. I use mine everyday for work as it has replaced my computer so now I'm screwed.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, I just spoke with a Samsung tech and unlike my last conversation with them they have officially acknowledged there is a charging issue with this device. Unfortunately the only solution is to be without my tablet for 3 weeks while it is getting repaired, with one possible exception - Someone posted on XDA that they solved the issue by removing the back, unplugging the battery then plugging it back in. Not sure I wanna mess with a device that isn't supposed to open. Also not sure I wanna be without my device for three weeks so may take the plunge.

Upvote 0
Nope, battery replacement will not solve the problem. I just received my unit back after Samsung had it for two weeks. Not only did they damage the bezel during the repair, they did not did fix the issue. Received tablet from Samsung yesterday, plugged it in last night at 47%, woke up and it was at 52% after seven hours. **** Samsung. Not that it matters but I'm filing a BBB claim and will pursue whatever legal avenues are available to me.

Reactions: Wild_Duck
Upvote 0
I tracked my tablet via ups to Samsung. They received it. I received and email stating they fixed by replacing the usb/power cord. What I find interesting is that cord they said they replaced worked and galaxy note 3 and all my other Android devices. They had me try other cords before I sent the tablet in for repair. None of them worked. I'm very skeptical. Keep all of you updated.

Upvote 0
Well, after filing a BBB complaint I was contacted by Samsung Corporate in NJ. They agreed to fix the damage caused during the first "repair" when I sent my device in for a second time to be repaired. I received the device after the second repair and all is well. It is working/charging correctly and the damage has been fixed.
That said, I was without my tablet for almost a month through this whole fiasco. During the first "repair" they replaced the charging port, although that had absolutely nothing to do with the charging issue. During the second repair the motherboard and housing were replaced, which seems to have solved my problem. The device is now working great.
Warning - not all Samsung repair facilities are the same. The first time I sent my device it went to Repair Services Inc., Plano TX, they not only failed to repair my device they damaged it pretty badly. If your warranty mailing label has you sending it to them I would be careful. They have a host of BBB complaints I discovered after I received my damaged device. They responded to my BBB complaint three weeks after I filed, one day less than the maximum and AFTER I had already received my repaired device from the second repair facility. That's a joke. If I had waited for them I would still be without my device a full five weeks after I submitted my original claim.
Creative Vision Electronics in Riverdale, NJ did a great job on the second repair and I am comfortable recommending them, although it is up to Samsung as to where your device will go.
Warning 2 - Samsung tech support got my symptoms/issue and my personal contact info wrong the first four times I spoke with them. Be very clear as to what is wrong with your device! I sent my own notes regarding the issue (in the package with my device) the second time so it was abundantly clear. I think that helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones