Charging light flashing/solidSupport

Last Updated:

1. noodle15

noodle15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I have read to let the battery drain all the way, turn off the device and charge until the indicator flashes and remains solid.. I have never seen it flash to charge or even remain solid when fully charged.???? What should I do?
    Should I go to try to get a new Battery?

Advertisement
  2. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what "indicator" are you speaking of? I don't remember seeing any light whatsoever on my phone or charger when it's plugged in.

BTW, you shouldn't full drain the battery. Li-ion batteries do not have the memory effect as older types of batteries.

3. noodle15

noodle15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The notification light that is green. I keep reading that it should stay fully lit when the phone is off charging and it reaches a full status.

4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

There is a notification LED at the top of the phone. It's slightly to the left of the analog speaker that's used when making phone calls.

5. OrderFromChaos

OK, I never heard that so that's why I was wondering what light you were talking about. I even checked my charger for a light. :)

6. OrderFromChaos

Thanks, just wasn't sure about what light he was mentioning since I always heard there was no indication of charging when it's plugged in.

7. Rick607

Rick607 Well-Known Member

From what I have read a complete discharge should only be done about once a month, and is only for calibration. As stated above the battery will not develop a memory from being charged before it is fully drained, they actually could suffer some damage from repeatedly running them below a certain level.

As for a solid light... I charge my phone over night and always wake up to a 100% fully charged battery. I can't say I have seen the indicator light continuously lit and have never been concerned with it either and my battery works great.

8. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

One of the main things users howled about when the phone first hit was the lack of a visible charging indicator. Basically, the blue LED flashes when you have a notification, but has nothing to do with charging status. Sorry.

9. gtmike

gtmike Member

I think you're confusing the notification LED with the battery image that is displayed when charging your phone while the phone is turned off.

10. mister_jerry

mister_jerry Member

Speaking of the notification LED; does that thing stop flashing after x many minutes or is a person stuck with it blinking until you check your message? If not possible, is there workaround app I can use to force the LED to stop after a certain amount of minutes?

11. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

It will stop after 5 min. using the stock Android settings. You can turn them off totally if you want. Simply uncheck them.