Charging my phone on a laptop troubleTips

1. eblaser93

eblaser93 New Member

Quick question:

I recently switched from a Droid Incredible 2 to a Razr M. With my Incredible I was able to charge my phone on my laptop whenever I needed to. However with my M, it will only charge when the phone is dead or off. Once my phone reboots, the phone doesn't charge, leading to it die minutes later. My laptop doesn't even show that the phone is connected. Suggestions as to being able to charge my phone from my laptop (while my phone is on)?

Advertisement
  2. nealoc187

nealoc187 Member

Sounds like the current draw of a "running" phone is more than your USB port (or cord) is providing. I don't know the minimum charging threshold of a Razr M, nor the minimum specced output of whatever USB type you are using, but it sounds like that is what is going on here.

When my Razr M is running will charge on my work laptop and my home laptop, but will NOT charge on my home desktop while the phone is running (when the phone is off it will charge very slowly).
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Are you using the USB cable that came with your phone? Some USB ports on some computers do not charge.

Is the USB connection set to "Mass Storage"?

... Thom
  4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Mine USB-charges using the cable that came with it.