Charging Notification LightSupport

Last Updated:

1. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anyone knows how to turn on the charging notification light on the DX? I can't seem to find anyway to get it to work.

Advertisement
  2. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

Nope. I don't think anyone has found a way.

3. ariana2202

ariana2202 New Member

i dont think mine is charging??

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

there is no light. I called VZW CSR and he told me to call Motorola. In other words, tough luck!

5. rdcamero

rdcamero Well-Known Member

Love my Droid X but how you design a phone and not include something as simple as a charge indicator light.

6. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

There isnt one unless the phone is turned off

7. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I wonder if they could send another ota to fix that? Does anyone know if there is a way to send suggestions of what could be done to motorola?

8. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

And then there STILL isn't an LED notification.

9. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

They put me through to a Moto expert who told me there should be an LED coming on and to do a battery pull. IDIOTS.

10. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I can confirm that I had the LED on when the phone was powered-off right after the update came out (it was really bright--you couldn't miss it). It stayed on for the duration that the cable was plugged-in.

Last night, I tried to recreate this to take a pic of it to post, and the LED did not come back on.

Looks like Moto has some more work to do to make this work consistently and accurately (would like it to come on even when the phone is powered-on and booted-up).

edit: I just tried the following:

1. powered-down the X, plugged phone into wall-charger: no LED indicator, but phone powered itself back on and rebooted without me pressing the power button (wth?)

2. powered-down the X, plugged phone via USB cable to laptop; no LED indicator, phone powered back on and rebooted (still confused that its doing this)

3. powed-down the X, did a battery-pull, plugged phone into wall-charger: LED indicator came on for almost two seconds, then disappeared; phone then restarted w/o pressing power button

4. powered-on the X, plugged-in to both wall-charger and USB (no, not at the same time :D): no LED indicator

Does anyone else's phone power back on and reboot from a completely powered-down state after plugging it in to a charging source? My Eris did/does NOT do this.