charging notificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. emcube

emcube Active Member This Topic's Starter

is there a way to disable this charging notification feature? it wasn't a big deal in the beginning, but since i need to charge my phone constantly to last the entire day, it has become an issue. I know I can turn my notification off or change it to vibration but then I'll miss all my alerts and reminders from other apps. any apps out there can simply turn this feature off?

Advertisement
  2. masbirdies

masbirdies Well-Known Member

a charging notification? I don't have one!

3. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I I am not mistaken i believe if you turn of the SD notification it disables the notification tone for the phone getting plugged? Not sure but you may want to try.

4. acp

acp Well-Known Member

if you're having battery problems check this thread out...I'm not a success story, but I am optimistic because other people have been successful.

5. tphone

tphone Active Member

I found this very annoying as well. Especially at work when I'm backstage and supposed to be quiet. What I did to solve this problem is to set my system notification ringtone to one called 'silent'. This solved the plug in notification problem.
    Then, opening the individual apps that you WANT notifications from, just set them in the apps menu/settings/notifications menu. As far as I know, this is the only way to use different ringtones for different apps.

6. chixdigit

chixdigit Well-Known Member

I can't believe you have not read (and followed the directions) on the "possible battery quirk" thread if you are having such battery issues.
    Bet ya, that if you did 2 cycles of full discharge then full charge you would not feel like you had to charge your phone constantly... The phone has an awesome battery.. It is just the power meter that needs to be calibrated..

7. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

This thread isn't about his charging habits. His question is a relevant one. ANd the answer would help many.

8. emcube

emcube Active Member This Topic's Starter

this solves...:D just go to settings --> sound&display --> scroll down to SD card notification and uncheck the box. thx latinmaxima...

9. evilbeef54

evilbeef54 Well-Known Member

hey hey, yup this fixed mine too, thanks that was pissing me off :cool:

10. docfreed

docfreed Active Member

This doesn't work on rotted DD03 = any other thoughts?

11. crossle32

crossle32 Member

I don't have these menu choices. Is it a 2.1 choice??

12. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

This is the method that works for DD10 2.1 (SD Card unchecked still sounds when plugging/unplugging)

13. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Yeah I notice it does it with the headset pluging in or out as well. I think that is due to it being in Beta.

14. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

Ya, I have this same problem (as does everyone else with 2.1 DD10), and still trying to figure out the best short-term solution. Without researching it too much, what exactly falls into the 'Notifications' category? I use Handcent for SMS (stock Messaging and Google Voice notifications turned off)and Gmail Notifier for my, well.. Gmail notifications (dur). Not relevant, but I use Klaxon for my alarm clock. I've got this fear that turning off notifications or setting them to silent will affect something I need, but now that i'm reading what I wrote, it doesn't seem like it will. Anyone want to chime in on that?

15. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

I just set Notifications to off in the main settings. Most apps have individual notification settings that can be turned on or off. Mine never makes a sound when I charge it and yes it has sound turned on.