Charging Overnight ?Support

Last Updated:

1. ezydroid

ezydroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 26, 2010
    Is it safe to charge my Incredible overnight? I usually sleep around 1:30am and wake up 7am.

Do I still need to bump charge it after an overnight charge? And if I do charge it overnight, should I turn the phone off?

Thanks for helping a fellow member out, I am still new to owning a smartphone.

2. svwilbur

svwilbur Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    yes it is safe. But what you will find is it will say 100% and then when you disconnect it, it will drop off from 100% quickly. If you plug it back in it will charge back to 100% and then disconnect it again and it will drop and charge again. After diing this in the morning about 3 or 4 time you will find that it olds the charge better during the day. Basically it says 100% as it did charge to 100% but since it was left in there it stays at 100% but is really losing power. Youhave to disconnect and do something like start the camera and exit and check the level of the battery. Once it is down to 99% or less you can stick the charger in again and it will charge more. Try that a couple times and you will see it holds better charge. But you have to do it each morning. Or just plug it in 2 houurs before you wake up and it might be fully charged and not have time to loose charge.
    ezydroid likes this.
  3. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Yes, it is safe. Unless you charge with the phone turned off, you will still need to bump charge.
    ezydroid likes this.