charging phone to billGeneral

1. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

just left the verizon store trying to preorder this phone and have it charged to my monthly bill but they wanted all payment up front because it was a preorder but they said if i wait till the phone is actually released then they can charge it to my account hopefully they still have some left when the phone is release :( just thought id share with everyone

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

You should call and order over internet. they should be able to charge to bill as long as the account is older than 6 months...
  3. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

Ya, I tried the same thing when pre-ordering the S3. For pre-orders the system will not let them bill to account because they essentially are holding funds til it ships. If they bill to your account they are basically charging you right away and if something happens like back orders or whatever you might get stuck paying for it on your next monthly bill without actually having phone.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

What requirements are needed for them to charge a phone to your bill and how long do you have to pay it off, also could you do this paying full retail price.Thanks
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

THere are no payment plans, etc. If you charge to bill, you have to pay it off in full with your next payment.
    lou61166 likes this.
  6. lou61166

does this also apply to full retail price without adding a line.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I am not sure if you can charge full retail to a bill or not, I have never bought a phone full retail.
    lou61166 likes this.
  8. lou61166

Thanks,i am not due for an upgrade till August,but i am really interested in this phone,i currently have the Rezound and i love it only issue the charging port wore out,got a refurb from Verizon,and no issues at all with it.
  9. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

You can take longer than one bill but they will just treat it like your bill is late, take too long and they can suspend your service. Not advisable but option is there....

I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't do it for full retail but you never know. Call a CSR and see
    lou61166 likes this.
  10. techman01

techman01 Well-Known Member

for most people the amount you are limited to charging to your account is 400 in one month.
  11. AcesAndRum

AcesAndRum Member

I was thinking the exact same thing, but yeah you have to purchase it in store to get it charged to your bill. However when I went to do exactly that they said they were not allowing people to purchase the phone outright for cash on Day One, they were only accepting people upgrading to the phone and (re)activating a new contract. A little bit of wrangling though and they decided to see it my way and let me not only buy the phone off contract but charge it to my bill as well. A win-win-win if I ever saw one.