• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging Pin on phone borken

saluk2003

Oct 13, 2010
Hi,

I have accidently broken the charging pin on the desire and the phone will not charge. HTC have said that accidental damage is not under their gurantee and would not fix it without a charge.

I want to know whether the whole board will need replacing or does the charging pin solder off so a new one can be put one.

If the whole board needs replacing where would i find one and how much would it be and same goes for the charging pin.

i have searched the net for a couple of hours now and cannot seem to find any suppliers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sal

Yes i may eventually go through HTC but they are charging me a fee for just looking at the phone.

I just wanted to know whether it would be possible just to get a charging pin/circuit and solder it on and if there is a mainboard how much would it cost.

If its the case of a charging pin being replaced im sure HTC would come up with the reason of the entire board being replaced and ripping me off.

Sal

Upvote 0
If its the case of a charging pin being replaced im sure HTC would come up with the reason of the entire board being replaced and ripping me off.

That reason would probably be it's cheaper to use your cheap labour force to bung a pretty cheap new board in than hire someone who actually has a clue what they're doing/train someone in the actual art of repair. ;)

Upvote 0
Maybe Nokia owners replace the charging pin of their phone themselves :)
I found this microUSB socket in an online phone shop today.
_9991905.jpg

Harry

Reactions: saluk2003
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones