Charging Port Cover Broke Off...YAY!!!!!...General

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

...I was too big a wimp to take it off myself. Well, the phone seemed to be only too happy to accomodate me and this morning, bye bye. Got in there with a needle nosed pliars and yanked out the remaining plastic. Now I'm free. God, did I hate that damn thing.

To those of you considering getting rid of it....go for it. It's nowhere near as traumatic as you may fear.

Good riddance! :D:smokingsomb::p;)

Advertisement
  2. Transfusiionz

Transfusiionz George Carlin FTW! VIP Member

I don't wanna hurt my precious baby though :(
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Mine fell off the other day too. Which is weird because I have a wireless charger and rarely used the port.
  4. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

Has anybody noticed that you can pop it out with a fingernail but to get it to go in without any resistance you need to kinda angle it and then slide it into the left side of the phone (screen up) and then push the right side down?
  5. poof101

poof101 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is mine broke off on its own too.....i think that cover is the cheapest part of the phone, but i didn't want to take it off either. It broke off like a lizard tail.
  6. paigow

paigow Well-Known Member

I don't see howyou guys broke it off by accident, mine took considerable pulling to get it out, if I didn't do it on purpose I think mine would had last forever.
  7. victek

victek Well-Known Member

I haven't tried to remove it yet. I wonder if that voids the warranty? :D The cover is annoying enough that I'll probably get a wireless charger eventually so I don't have to fuss with it. I do like the fact that the port is covered, but it wasn't on my previous phone and that was never a problem.
  8. red arrow

red arrow Well-Known Member

Yep, broke off by itself about a week ago...
  9. rbullard

rbullard Member

I've had my DNA for about 6 weeks now, and I have babied the port cover, always being careful to take it pry it open gingerly and seat it well when it's not in use. I have a Nokia wireless charging dock on my nightstand so I didn't even open it every day. And it lasted 6 weeks. Broke off this morning. That is some crappy design work there.

That said, I hated it and wanted it gone from the day I bought it, but was just too chicken to yank it off. Now that it's gone an I removed the part that didn't break off... MUCH better. If you've got a DNA, I recommend you just yank it straight away. If I end up with another one or a replacement, it's the first thing I'll do.
  10. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Good riddance. I can't tell you how much easier it is now that this annoying thing is history.