• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging port dead - need photos

kmwhitt

Lurker
Dec 19, 2012
My charging port has been dead for months now. I had to replace it twice before and the last time they were unable to fix it, so I am waiting it out until January 2013 when it's time for a new phone. In the meantime I bought 2 spare batteries and a charger for $16 buck off of Amazon... works like a charm...

Anyway, I have over 1,000 pictures I need to retrieve and I'm not crazy about the idea of emailing them to myself one-by-one. I have a friend with the same phone as mine and I have tried mounting my SD card (where my pictures are) into her phone. It will not read my card... Why? I am able to connect her phone to my computer with my SD card inserted, but it does not show up when I mount as disc drive. Why not?

I have also tried other suggestions on various forums - to no avail.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me or is it time to give it up? The tech people at Verizon may be able to retrieve them when it is time for a new phone, but I need some of them now. Please - I have spent 3 hours looking for answers tonight and have tried everything I can think of to do...

My computer claims to have an SD port, but I can't figure out how to insert it - space is too tight in any direction. Is the CPU referring to another type of SD card?

Also, I notice that when in the picture gallery under the share icon, one of the options is Backup Assistant. Is it possible that I can upload them to Verizon's site overnight and download tomorrow? Can this be done with any other app? As I mentioned there are will over 1,000 pics - each high-res at roughly 1MB each...

Thanks,

Kevin

Otherwise, you could try Wifi File Transfer (pro is worth the buck and a half or so), or zip the files into a few zip archives and upload them to dropbox, or some other cloud storage. Then there's always bluetooth file transfer from one device to another if you have a bluetooth enabled pc...

yup. install dropbox on your phone and your computer. It's free(ish). I think it will automatically sync all the photos if you allow it (it's been a long time since I installed it so I don't remember)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones