Charging port & screen fixed?

Last Updated:

1. rsage

rsage Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I have an EVO on order with Amazon (early Oct delivery - ouch!), hoping to get one locally before then but at least I have a backup plan. :)

I've been reading a lot about the charger port issues and the screen peeling/separation issues. Does anyone know if these manufacturing defects (assuming that's what they are) have been fixed or do new EVO's still run the risk of having these problems?

I've had Verizon and AT&T before and it's always been relatively easy to get a new replacement device if the original had issues. It sounds like it's not as easy on Sprint so I'm a bit concerned...

Advertisement
  2. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

No issue with my evo. I bought it 3 weeks ago.

3. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

The only problem you might have is they might give you the run around if you buy it from somewhere other then a sprint store.

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

The charging port issue seemed to affect only a very, very few users. Not a significant problem at all. Screen separation was somewhat more common, but still pretty limited.

You have to remember that far more people are going to post when something's wrong than when everything's fine. I never started a thread to say "Hey, my phone doesn't have anything wrong with it!"

5. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. I have a launch day Evo, and my charging port seems fine, working great, its sturdy. I think the ones with the charging port are just being a little too rough or just trying to plug it in without making sure its straight.

6. rsage

rsage Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info everyone. BestBuy.com just got some white-backed EVO's in stock, got an order in, it's due to arrive next week. Psyched!

Odd that the white ones still have a black front, but whatever, I'll just put a case on it anyway...

:)