Charging problem when battery < 15%Support

Last Updated:

1. tobewan

tobewan New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a 700 mamp car charger. My DINC's battery fell below 15% and I plugged it in to charge. The charging status alternated between charging / not charging every couple of seconds and the battery would not charge.
    When I got home, I put it on my AC charger and it charged up fine.
    Then I tried my car charger and again the phone showed it was charging (USB mode) but still charging.
    Is there a point at which USB charging will fail to work when the battery gets real low?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Were you using navigation, or streaming music? Sounds like battery got hot

necosino likes this.
  3. icn4d

icn4d Active Member

I have a cheap ebay charger at the house that does the same thing. I have found you can turn the phone off and it will charge till you feel like its above 15 and the charge from there. I think its because it's cheap but don't know why exactly....

4. tobewan

tobewan New Member This Topic's Starter

Nope, I had the phone on over night (we were on our boat) and needed to charge it. Nothing enabled on phone except cell network, no nav, no gps, no wifi. battery was not hot. mainly concerned in learning the ins/outs of managing the battery since it was going dead and even though I had a charger, I could not charge the battery. thanks.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

My guess would be fluctuating voltages to the phone, especially if the same charger has worked for you in the past.

6. HomelessDepot

HomelessDepot Well-Known Member

Are you using high quality chargers? They don't have to be official/branded ones, but cheap-o ebay chargers can cause a lot of problems... I have a friend who's a battery geek and he won't touch cheap chargers with a ten foot pole.

-HD