Charging Problems

Last Updated:

1. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Droid wall charger stopped fully working this morning, and Im not sure why. It may be either that the charger is broken or the port is. When I charged the phone this afternoon on my car charger, it worked fine, but I did notice once that the input piece for the car charger is slightly wider than the wall charger, and the wall charger has seemed to fit loosely in. I cant tell if anything is actually wrong with the silver input piece on the wall charger. Should I buy a new wall charger or take the phone to Verizon to get the the port possibly fixed if that is the issue? Can they even fix the port?

Advertisement
  2. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

I doubt they will fix the port and will probably give you a replacement (refurb) phone if your port is indeed bad.

It may just be your home charging cable end and you can replace that cable cheaply. I would just check with the store and see if they have a wall charger to test on your phone. Best of luck.

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

If it charges on the car charger I doubt it's the port on the phone. Either your phone charges or it doesn't, right?

Does the phone indicate that it is charging when plugged into the wall charger?