• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charging quesion

As an FYI, when I charge using USB (connect to computer), the phone does not go into sleep mode - it stays awake (even though the screen is off). But if I charge via the outlet, it does not keep the phone awake.

I believe this is because of the potential for the computer to access the phone when it's connected, as opposed to the wall simply providing electricity.

Upvote 0
But if you're just hanging out next to a computer, it makes sense to just plug it in there, no?

....well....i guess that would depend. If you didn't have the USB block that plugs into a wall/surge protector, i suppose it's better than nothing, but if you've got an available outlet, it's probably best to use that. I suppose it's just user preference. There really is no right or wrong answer, but I just always have mine plugged into the wall.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones