Charging questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. The_shake_down

The_shake_down Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my phone today!!

Just a quick question though. When it's charging is there supposed to be a red/green light to let you know that its done charging when you plug it in or stays red while it's charging? If it's not there its not a huge deal but I see a spot on the top front where it looks like it would be and I want to make sure nothings wrong.

Advertisement
  2. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Well-Known Member

there are no leds on the Fascinate, you dont have to be so worried about unplugging it when its done charging....i shut mine off, stick it on the charger and go to bed, it stays there for 8 good hours every night regardless of how drained it was

The_shake_down likes this.
  3. The_shake_down

The_shake_down Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ohhhh, do you happen to know what it is by the ear speaker?

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah no led. What you see is the proximity sensor. Also the battery will charge up to 100% then stops charging even if still plugged in. It won't re charge till battery drops to 95% and then back to 100% and the cycle repeats. Enjoy the SF

5. LxiMax

LxiMax Member

Ah good man, you answered my question. So now I don't have to start a new thread. However, I do have a few questions. Doesn't it seem odd that it charges to 100% then begins to discharge, then, if I understand correctly, it starts to charge again when it drops to 95%? And won't this cycle of discharging and recharging harm the battery's life expectancy and charge holding capabilites? ( I can't think of the exact word I'm looking for so I hope you know what I mean when I say charge holding capabilites lol. )

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I do and I see your point. On this type of battery these mini recharges are not very harmful at all and certainly much less than pumping the voltage thru a fully charged battery already; that would be much more damaging and life cycle shortening