Charging/Scrolling ProblemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. meschke_04

meschke_04 New Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 30, 2010
    So, for a few weeks now I've been having a problem when charging my Eris. When I plug it into either an original HTC charger, HTC usb charger from my laptop or generic AC/DC charger, it automatically scrolls to the left. It fights with me when I try to manually scroll right and when I push the home screen softkey it jumps right back to the left.

It makes my text messaging nearly impossible when plugged in and frequently causes my messenger to force close. My roommate has actually had the same thing happening to his Eris before me.. is anyone else having this problem and/or know of any fixes?

I'm not too extremely worried about it since it's a VZW concession line and I have to get rid of it in less than two weeks, but it would be nice to know if I can do anything to fix my roommate's phone or if it happens to any one else I know. I tried a factory reset and it didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    It's a well known hardware problem in the Eris. The trackball in some phones starts getting interference from the charging port. You have no choice but go in for a replacement.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk