Charging the Droid X

Last Updated:

1. filtercubed

filtercubed Member This Topic's Starter

Just a question about charging this bad boy, do you guys see that it takes longer to charge this through the PC rather than the wall? Also about how long should it take for a full charge? Lastly is there harm to overcharging the battery?

Advertisement
  2. Theeulogy

Theeulogy Well-Known Member

Charges much quicker through the wall than through computer. I have been charging mine with the computer for the first few days, about 4hrs. I have it plugged into the wall now and in 45 minutes it is near fully charged.

3. cvfd13

cvfd13 Well-Known Member

It will take longer to charge using your PC because the USB port puts out less amperage than the call charger. The PC will possibly be a better charge, because the slower charge does not heat up the battery, allowing it to hold more of the charge.

4. tracerprix

tracerprix Well-Known Member

I think the PC USB port only puts out like .5 mAh where as the wall charger puts out like a full 1 mAh so it would charge twice as fast. I could be wrong with the exact numbers but I think I am close.

5. Motorola

Motorola Active Member

It charges fully 100% in less than an hour through the wall starting from 0%

6. CriticalMass

CriticalMass Well-Known Member

They all take longer through the computer. USB puts out a lot less power than the A/C adapter.

However. that charging method is arguably better for the longevity of the battery. Slower charge means the battery will last longer.