Charging timeGeneral

1. Riverpilot

Riverpilot Active Member

Merry Christmas all :)

I picked this baby up, on Verizon, as an early Christmas gift to myself 2 weeks ago. Couldn't take my gnex anymore... lol

I'm just curious about how long it takes to charge the battery? With the phone on when charging, plugged into an outlet using the supplied cord etc.. it takes me around 6+ hours to fully charge. This seems to be longer in length than it really should be?

I'm getting incredible battery life on this baby... :) lol love it.

I can't imagine this is a dud, since the battery life is incredible, but perhaps the actual charger cord is a dud?

Thanks for the help :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

Mine is the AT&T version but it takes around 2 hours to fully charge.
  3. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

should take just a couple of hours.

Today I played Pandora for more than two hours, took a phone call, checked emails...when I looked at the battery level I did a double-take--it was still at 93%. :)
  4. Riverpilot

Riverpilot Active Member

:sigh: I was afraid of that. Guess I'll stop by the store tomorrow and see what they say. Maybe try a new charger cord, and if that doesnt work try a new battery.
  5. jim8193

jim8193 Active Member

From 13% @ 3:20 ...
    ... to 100% @ 5:39 - via the 2A "white" charger ...
  6. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

You said the supplied "cord". You are also using the supplied AC adapter right? Because if you plug it into an iPhone adapter (1 amp) or a computer (0.5 amp), it would take a lot longer. I never really measured my home charging rate, but I think it is around 2.5 to 3 hours for a full charge with the supplied 2 amp AC adapter.
  7. Chasoscar

Chasoscar Well-Known Member

Mine only takes 1.5 hrs to fully charge from 15%
  8. Cid67

Cid67 Well-Known Member

Hour from 10% with the charger it came with
    For freakin ever in the pc...
  9. Riverpilot

Riverpilot Active Member

When I stated "cord", yes I meant the actual charger as well. I haven't made it back to the store yet... but obviously I have a problem. lol... Just hope it's not the phone itself. :)
  10. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Have you timed charging with the phone off -at least the screen off (which is what I think most replies are referring to)?

6 hours may be ok if your phone is very busy.

Roger
  11. Cid67

Cid67 Well-Known Member

6+ hours is way long in my books...But yah try closing all apps & clear ram..Then see..

What is your battery life like..? Mine drains quick if Im goofin around with it lots...Wont even last a full day.. And thats clearing ram & running apps about once a hour..
  12. Riverpilot

Riverpilot Active Member

Screen is off. All apps are closed, etc... I don't even touch the phone while charging.

My battery life is incredible. I came from a g nexus and was lucky to get 2 hours of screen time. This baby I can get 6-7 hrs screen time. Or, if I'm out on work, and dont use the phone much I can get 3 days stand-by. That's barely touching the phone though... less than 1 hour screen time.

I did try changing out the usb cord with a motorola one (using the note ii white charger block) and it took 1 hour to go from 60% to 100%. So I'm definitely thinking something is wrong with the cord and charger.
  13. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi again

Yes, sounds like a charger problem - 2.5 hrs from 15% to full is normally what it takes (phone live but doing nothing)

Roger
  14. krazyasif786

krazyasif786 Well-Known Member

Yeah mine takes about 2-3 hours to charge from 20% ... but if you only use the usb cable connected to your computer then you will be waiting for what seems like days :D

It takes ages on usb charging. Advice wwise people says that if you leave the battery to go below 15% and charge to full using the power cable and plug then your battery lasts longer and is more healthier.

Hope that helps.
  15. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

I dunno if you are happy with the phones battery life, I wouldn't change anything lol, you can try a dock charger straight from Samsung.

Return of the Android