Charging times

Last Updated:

1. cppak43

cppak43 Member This Topic's Starter

My battery takes forever to charge about 2.5hours from 10% to full. Anybody else have this issue. I have tried 5 different kernels all about the same.

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

That sounds about right. Some people are reporting over 3 hours. Are you on a froyo sense ROM?

3. cppak43

cppak43 Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried all KiNgxKernels
    hydra_ocuv_v10
    hydra_ocuv2_ov_v10

Right now i am running uncommon_sense_v1 and I seem to like this one the best.

4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Uncommon is a great ROM indeed. Honestly everything even the aosp ROM/kernel combos took over 2 hours to charge my battery. The only exception was RUBY 1.1.1 and it's stock kernel. It charged from dead to full in 45 minutes. But it didn't seem right and I wasn't comfortable with that so I'm now on MIUI and I love it....takes about 2 hours to charge to full.

5. maikinmoves

maikinmoves Active Member

Unfortunately there is no way yo change this at the moment, except to turn the phone off whole charging, but of coarse with out the kernel regulating the speed and temperatures, the battery does not take the charge as densely and your battery will lose its charge quicker than the slower charge time.

6. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

That really is not a very long time. It's better for a battery's health to charge slower anyways

7. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

I'm rooted with stock 2.2 and hydra kernel stock speed undervolted. With the phone powered off it takes two hours with stock battery to fully charge.