Charging via USB cable

Last Updated:

1. danjak

danjak New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello
    I'm new here and I'm new to android as well. My name is Dan and I live in London, UK
    I've got a little problem with my HTC Hero. I got it yesterday and plugged it in to PC at home and charging was fine. At work today when I took my phone out of a pocket I noticed that red light is flashing. I've connected it to my Mac at work and it doesn't seem to charge it what so ever. It has been connected to Mac's USB for about 30 minutes and red light is still flashing.
    Tried to turn it on but ON/OFF button doesn't work. How long it needs to be plugged in to start again? Is it a Mac issue?

Thanks
    Dan

Advertisement
  2. alchemistkevin

alchemistkevin Well-Known Member

its probably a mac issue - your USB port doesn't seem to be powered, not sure if there's htc sync for mac - but if there is then download and install it - should be ok unless the port is physically not working.

3. danjak

danjak New Member This Topic's Starter

It works now. It needed about 1hr to get back to live. I think I totally drained its battery and there is not enough power in USB especially when you use laptop.

4. drew_brees

drew_brees New Member

don't mean to thread jack but i have a question about usb cable charging as well. i use a generic usb cable (from my camera) and connected it to computer to charge my hero phone. also, i use my gps car charger to charge my hero once in awhile as well. are those 2 methods harmful?? i notice my hero charges quicker with the actually hero adapter...i hope its okay to use the other 2 methods to charge! thanks!

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

they should be ok

6. PaulC

PaulC Active Member

Any USB charger will be fine. Standard connector, standard voltage.

Usually I use a standard USB cable connected to a dock for my hero, which is then plugged in to the USB port on the back of my sky HD box for power. Charges it nicely :)

In my bedroom I use an old HTC touch charger, and at work I use a blackberry charger or a hero usb dock.

7. Perihelion

Perihelion Well-Known Member

I can't stand how long my Hero takes to charge on the PC USB port...it charges WAY faster on the wall adapter so I just lug that around everywhere I go.