• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging woes

crazydog

May 20, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Most people have the issue with Froyo where the phone takes a long time to charge, right? Well, this thread isn't really about that.

What I'VE noticed is that if I turn my phone off for about 5 minutes, it will seem to charge EXTREMELY fast.
I've had it plugged in to the wall for about 50 minutes now, and have gotten about 12% charge into it. If I turned the phone off for 5 minutes, it would say it's 80% charged. Awesome, right?
No!
It's NOT really 80% charged! If I leave it plugged in, it will still take many hours to finish charging, and if I leave it unplugged, it will die a lot quicker than it should from 80%.

Does anyone else have this issue? It's not hard to test for. Just remember your battery life, turn off your phone and plug it in. Does it seem to charge extremely fast based on the battery level when you turn it back on a few minutes after?

I'm running this (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765447 - Version 2.2) and the 8/1 kernels (I've switched between kernels and only looked rather quickly for kernels yesterday, and only found the 8/1 ones.). I had the same issue with the same ROM + Kings Kernels BFS #2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones