Charm Accessory Bought Seperately?Tips

1. muscal

muscal Well-Known Member

I really like the idea of the notification charm. It would be a great idea for my girlfriend since she doesn't always hear her phone ring in her purse. Then this thing could just stay dangled out and she would know a call is coming in. Does anyone know if this device can work on other android phones and if this can be purchased separately. Thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sharilee

Sharilee New Member

I know you can buy the charm separately. If you do a Google Shopping search for "HTC rhyme charm" several listings come up. As it just plugs into a 3.5mm jack, and it's not paired to the phone in any way, I would imagine that it would work with any phone with that size of jack. I would tell you, however, that I have not found the charm to be all that useful. You would have to be looking at it to notice that it was blinking, and it blinks in rather long intervals, so you have to continue to look at it for a bit before it blinks again. Maybe in a dark room (movie theaters seem to be the most commonly sighted use for it), it might more easily catch your attention, but I've only noticed it once or twice, and have stopped using it. I don't believe that it would be worth paying for separately.
    ChiTownJim likes this.
  3. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

4. bethyg

bethyg New Member

I would like to buy the rhyme charm for my Sprint Galaxy phone, did you buy it? If so did it work on her phone?
  5. fishgeek

fishgeek New Member

Hey Guys, I ordered this for my wife's Tmo G2. It doesn't work. In fact, it blocks the call from coming in. As soon as I unplugged it, it flashed my call, then showed it as a missed call. I tried again, and the phone actually crashed.

I then tried it on my HTC Sensation. It recognizes it as a headset, but doesn't light up. The phone rings as normal though, which was different. So, going to send the charm back.
  6. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

Yeah I bought the charm as a Christmas gift for my sister to put on her Lg Enlighten, and when it arrived, I tried it on my Droid X, didn't work. Tried it on my moms LG Ally, didn't work. So I grabbed my sisters phone, same thing, doesn't work. Wished I'd done more research before purchasing. Anyone want to buy it?
  7. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

It only works on sense 3.5 phones. Works fine on the rezound.
  8. jrizk07

jrizk07 New Member

Still looking to sell it? What color is it and how much do you want for it?
  9. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

unless you have sense 3.5 it wont work on your phone (fyi)