1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Charm bricked ? official rom needed

1. wissammuslimany

wissammuslimany New Member

hi All, any one can help, my phone is stuck at motorola logo and unable to boot, i can see the bootloader menu and also the recovery mode, so if anyone can point me to the official rom link or upload the link for me , that would be great ,

Advertisement
  2. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately i don't think any of us have access to the spf yet. What did you do to brick it?
  3. wissammuslimany

i Installed Some Apps and suddenly phone reboots and didnt come up again , i have the telus rom, so i can do nothing right now :(
  4. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

Nope not until someone finds the SPF to restore via RSD there is nothing anyone can do. Maybe go to telus and have them send it for repair
  5. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Can't you factory reset from the recovery screen?
  6. wissammuslimany

Factory reset is not working, i tried 1000 times, the only solution will be flashing from the bootloader menu .
  7. Cool. How you found that out...? And where's that IRC channel...?

Maybe you would like to strip off the IP addresses first... BTW?
  8. neutronscott

neutronscott New Member

it's #milestone-modding on irc.freenode.org. it's common to log channels with IPs. take it up with them tho :p

I just found it trying to Google anything about Motorola bootloaders and reloading since I wanted to return the phone. I found their log directory on a server and clicked each one and search 'Charm'. The 3rd one I clicked was only reference and it was the URL :D
  9. kgbd1

kgbd1 New Member

I have an unlocked Telus Charm that was bricked, and I flashed it with the T-Mobile rom found at the link posted. They are the same phone, so I thought this would be fine to do, but I now have no service (actually, only extremely intermittent service—I've caught a few bars once) on my device (using a Fido SIM). Any ideas? Any source for an original Telus rom to try? Maybe someone would be willing and gracious enough to provide a Nandroid backup of a factory-state Telus Charm?? Thank you so much for any help!
  10. matteosg

matteosg New Member

are you able to locate a non - T-mobile ROM for Charm? Bought a T-mobile ROM in U.S. but I'm currently located in Singapore. It seems that the T-mobile ROM is not compatible here as it resets the phone. Hoping to flash to non - T-mobile ROM.

Matt