• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charm???

JaRN99

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2010
Restarted my Rezound and noticed under "Settings" it now lists "Charm" third down from the top. When I click on that is shows options to illuminate the charm for messages, phone & visual voicemail. Never noticed this before....in fact don't think it ever had this option listed. Anyone else have it listed or have it suddenly appear like this?

Wouldn't be the first time that tech support was worthless. But now that you have it is it useful?

BTW, make sure you check it out to make sure it isn't some malicious app that got downloaded!!! There is an app called Charm but it is a social networking date reminder or something.

Really check out you didn't get some crap app.

Upvote 0
I am in the process of doing a soft reset (battery pull) to see what happens. As far as being useful...to me it's really not because I don't have a light up charm. I know there was at least one HTC phone.....the Rhyme, that Verizon had before the Reound (I think) that came with a charm that would light up to inform you of a call, message or voice mail.

Upvote 0
Here's the pics.

Attachments

• charm.jpg
    charm.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 98
  • charm2.jpg
    charm2.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
Actually I like my phone so much I just go into denial when there is a small problem and just ignore it.

Because I work with computers a lot I'm always surprised when things do work not when they don't. Still it is amazing how so many weird little things can happen with no real explanation.

Good luck bro. and have a great day.

Upvote 0
I am in the process of doing a soft reset (battery pull) to see what happens. As far as being useful...to me it's really not because I don't have a light up charm. I know there was at least one HTC phone.....the Rhyme, that Verizon had before the Reound (I think) that came with a charm that would light up to inform you of a call, message or voice mail.

The description says it's just for the Rhyme, but that's probably what the setting is for.

HTC Charm

Fwiw I have Charm in my menu but only because I did a review on it using the Rezound. The HTC charm will work on any sense 3.5 (or above) device.

the first time you plug the charm in that setting shows up in the list and stays there.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Fwiw I have Charm in my menu but only because I did a review on it using the Rezound. The HTC charm will work on any sense 3.5 (or above) device.

the first time you plug the charm in that setting shows up in the list and stays there.

According to VZW's accessories page, it says the Charm is NOT compatible with the Rezound. Don't put a whole lot of stock in that, just what it says.

Upvote 0
According to VZW's accessories page, it says the Charm is NOT compatible with the Rezound. Don't put a whole lot of stock in that, just what it says.

LOL, well that figures. I actually have the charm. There is a thread in this section with the article/review I did of it. I assure you, it does in fact work fine :)

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones