• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charter Email Setup on Galaxy S4 Problems

M

MLBrutus

I follow everything correctly to setup my Charter account but I get an error that says "Authentication Error" when I got to hit next after inputting Incoming Server Settings.

I have confirmed that my password is correct by logging onto my using a computer directly on the charter webpage.

So far we have gone back to best buy, after an hour there the conclusion was that Charter Email is tough to get on a Galaxy S4.

I talked to Charter who asked me to try to log onto charter email directly form the internet browser on the Galaxy S4. This resulted in an error message that says "Email Through Charter.net is not optimized for your device". This led Charter to tell me my device is in need of a flash player to read there email system from my device. They told me to call Samsung.

Samsung was basically no help. They gave me Google's number and told me to talk to them about a flash player.

I talked to Google who thought I should buy a flash player. I didnt think I should have to pay for a flash player for a new phone so I downloaded adobe flash player.

Still no luck. If we cant this fixed in 36 hours we are taking this back and going back to the IPhone.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones