• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Chase bank app

For a bank as large as Chase to be avoiding an Android app, I believe there has to be some exclusivity deal with Apple. I mean damn near every bank I bank with has an app for both platforms [BOA, USAA, PNC, ING] and I believe Chase created their iphone app before any of these banks even showed up to the party. Hell BOA even has a webOS app(as if). With so many customers clamming for the app, this delay has to be intentional.

Upvote 0
For a bank as large as Chase to be avoiding an Android app, I believe there has to be some exclusivity deal with Apple. I mean damn near every bank I bank with has an app for both platforms [BOA, USAA, PNC, ING] and I believe Chase created their iphone app before any of these banks even showed up to the party. Hell BOA even has a webOS app(as if). With so many customers clamming for the app, this delay has to be intentional.

I think there probably is some deal with Apple.
But it seems ridiculous to do this, as I doubt anyone is going to change phones for a bank app.

Upvote 0
I think there probably is some deal with Apple.
But it seems ridiculous to do this, as I doubt anyone is going to change phones for a bank app.
All jokes aside this was actually going to be the reason for me to upgrade my iphone 3g to the iphone4[for the mobile deposit feature]. Luckily I was sensible enough to weigh the pros and cons of signing another 2 years with At&t when the Evo was all the phone I needed. But I really want that app. I have the USAA app but you have to be a veteran, or have a CC with USAA to use their mobile deposit feature. I bet if BOA or ING were to put this feature in their Android apps, chase would have incentive to move their a**es and make something happen then. Its sad that big corporations are only motivated by competition.

Upvote 0
The most likely reason for the delay on the android app is security. With apple you can only have the apps they approve and host (unless of course its jail broken). Using the Android OS allows you to install apps not on the marketplace. Because of this you can install malicious software on your phone that can diminish the integrity of the security.

If xdiord is correct ill get two things on the 19th I have been waiting a long time for /woot.

Upvote 0
Dear Flippa,

The new android app is expected be be ready on 11/26/2010
so please watch for this new service.

If you have any questions or require further assistance,
please e-mail us via the Secure Message Center or contact
our Internet Service Center at 1-877-242-7372.

Thank you,

XXXXX XXXXXXXXX
Internet Service Center

Upvote 0
Ok guys, Chase app is up and running

chart

Upvote 0
Has anyone had success using Chase Quick Deposit? I installed the app, but quickdeposit option is not available.

I have successfully used this feature on the chase app. There are a few rules of thumb when attempting to deposit the check this way.
1) The check CAN NOT be larger then $1000 US, (it might be smaller)
2) Your phone has to support the apps ability (something in the hardware)
3) Have some patience, it can take a while to approve the deposit, and finally
4) DO NOT MESS UP THE NUMBERS. They have a clause, that they can disable this on your account, for forgery, ie your number input is larger then the check.

Now, that being said, I have deposited a check of around 300 USD with no issues, and no signature. I spoke with the teller a day later, and you will want to keep the check until the check completely clears the bank, at which time you can discard the check... but I kept my for legal purposes.

How that helps.. cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones