chat between Eris and Blackberry..General

Last Updated:

1. andy5859

andy5859 New Member This Topic's Starter

is this possible? how do i do that? please help I have an Eris, my friend overseas has blackberry but we have the same carrier. how can we chat? pls show me how to connect with hisi blackberry.

Advertisement
  2. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

why not just use any of the instant messanger programs, yahoo, aim, etc. I'm a former BB user and I had yahoo IM on my phone.

I'm not sure of a way to get the Eris to communicate with the blackberry messenger program.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Yeah you can't, it sucks, but you can't do bbm on anything but bb's

4. BigBeefy

BigBeefy Well-Known Member

my wife has a bb and i have an eris. we chat everyday, i use my stock messenger and she uses her sms and mms text messenger. it is different than the bbm stuff. we have no problems.
    when we want to chat, we use yahoo. but there is no sense in using yahoo really when we can text.

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I'm sure the reason why he doesn't want to use text messages is for long distance fees. There is no such thing as long distance over the internet.

But anyhow I thought there was a Google Talk application on Blackberries? There was one on my Blackberry Pearl Flip. And its obviously on Android. So tell your Blackberry friend to make a Gmail account and use Google Talk to chat with you.

6. smacky

smacky Banned

Is Google Voice available on BB?

And with BBM, you can talk to anyone in the world with a BBM? So is it using the data plan, and really just another client like AIM and Yahoo!?

Guys, instant messaging is so last decade. I dunno what it is now, but most of my friends are never on aim. I have gone from about 50 people on AIM at a given time in freshman year in high school, to maybe 14 that are on because their phones are linked to it and are always online as a result.

7. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Bb has Google,aim, yahoo. Have to use one of those no way to use bbm on Android.
    There is a Google voice app for Bb but not as well integrated as Android.

8. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Not this again. A text message is the same damn thing as a BBM. -.-

9. MongolStomp

MongolStomp Well-Known Member

Yea me and my lady use google talk. she has a BB and I have the eris(obv). it's quicker than texting and it resembles BBM on a blackberry for them

10. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

If you can find me a txt program than will allow me to swipe back and forth between conversations I'll give you a big hug!

g-talk is pretty close and some things work even better than bbm, but I still miss it :(

11. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

I have an Eris and my wife has a blackberry, we use google talk for all our quick texting. It's free and works great.