Chatstyle texting?

Last Updated: 2010-07-13 00:01:29
  1. kyrax12

kyrax12 Member

Like threaded texting?

Is it default on the Aria and doesn't need any apps for thread text style?

can someone post a screenshot?

Advertisement
  2. SteveJobCutLine4myLiver

SteveJobCutLine4myLiver Well-Known Member

Yes it is threaded style for the default sms app. Handcent sms app is better with lot more fin features like gestures, faces, fonts etc. But I use Google voice sms which is like the stock Android and free text. No need to get the text plan with Google voice. Enjoy the awesome phone.
  3. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

i know nothing of google voice, would I be able to keep my cell number for that? or would they have to text a diff #
  4. AndrewAmazed

AndrewAmazed Active Member

I think they would have to text a different number unless I'm unaware of something.
    Or actually I think there might be an option to use your regular phone number.
    Sorry I kinda forgot.
  5. SteveJobCutLine4myLiver

You would have to tell all your contacts that you got a new number. You get transcribed voice mail which is cool.
  6. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

what happens when someone calls my regular number? Im confused about this app. I just dont want it to take over my phone...
  7. SteveJobCutLine4myLiver

when someone calls your "regular" number, phone rings and works the same way. when someone sends a text to your google voice number, it gets forwarded to your phone thru data stream. so it uses data for text instead of text. i stop using my original number and i only hand out my google voice number. i text a lot so it saves me $20 in extra text plan. only back thing about the google voice sms is that you can;'t send or receive MMS picture texts. but i can live without that. if people want to send me pictures, they can do it thru facebook/twitter/AIM/ICQ/gtalk/msn etc... :D