Chaz says hi (in best android voice)

Last Updated:

1. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 11, 2010
    Chaz from SC here, making my intro post to the android forums.

Im currently a Blackberry on VZW user struggling to find my next phone. I desire a more robust phone now that the networks have changed to allow more freedom. I would like a better browsing experience, better maps, and of course messaging and texting. In short, my BB Curve is showings its age, and in some ways, so is RIM.

Had 3 windoze mobile devices (2 phones and a PDA) that were utter destruction. I have never owned such junk, nor will I again. Microsoft should focus on the PC, which they also dont do very well.....perhaps 6 versions of an operating system aren't a good business model? Whoops.....I'm off topic.

Had a couple of other devices over the years with varying degrees of success. My favorite PDA was a Palm Tungsten.......what a great OS. Why did you guys get in bed with Bill Gates?

So now I'm looking for my next phone. I have carried my Curve for 2 years and I have loved having a phone that just works. 2.5 days of battery life is going to be hard to let go of. But the browsing experience on the device is less than great. I have about a 50% chance of success on browsing web sites, the browser just chokes on most sites. I administer our BB server at the office and that's also a nice piece of 1's and 0's, so I will miss that.

The iPhone wont be coming to VZW in my opinion and it dawned on me why at the keynoted at WWDC Monday. They are shipping this thing to 50+ countries, why would they make a CDMA version for ONE carrier? It doesn't make sense, and if I were Jobs, I wouldn't either. But if I were Jobs, I'd tell AT&T to get their damn act together.

Blackberry Tour? - Too much like what I have
    Blackberry Curve? - Nice track device, but same as above
    Blackberry Storm 2 - You must be kidding, a screen that moves?
    Palm Pre Plus - Are you guys kidding,...that's a keyboard?

So I am on to the Droid phones. Have a friend who has a Droid and loved it, then he jumped to Sprint and the EVO and he is really in love. I have looked at the Incredible, but wish it had straight droid interface. (Im a bit of a purist)

Any word on when the Droid 2 might release and if it would be worth the wait? Whats the Droid X going to consist of? Any other VZW forthcoming devices I would be wise to wait on? Im patient when it comes to technology.....well, sort of.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to becoming immersed in the Android ways.

2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Aug 1, 2009

You seem to know what you want from your next handset, so I suggest that you ask folk in the forums dealing with whichever handsets interest you for their opinions. You'll get as many as there are days in the week, but nothing beats hearing about the hands-on experiences of actual users. You might also get some info on possible upcoming handsets in the Verizon forum.

Good luck with your search.
  3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard!
  4. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009