1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Cheap android devices! - help

1. truthrazorz

truthrazorz New Member

hi all,
    i just wanted to ask if someone could make me a list of some affordable android devices. im just looking for somthing i can play my music on (much like an ipod touch) i just like the feel of the android os which is why i havnt just picked up a cheap mp3 player at the store.

tablets, deactivated smartphones, and anything else android really.

thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Galaxy Y? Its the cheapest I can see that will somehow be ok. Although going cheep will mean you won't get to really see Android in action too much. There's too much taken away that its not much different from dumb-phones except for more games. The smaller screen and weaker hardware makes it bad for using most other apps that higher end Android can use. Instagram, as an example of a popular smartphone app, needs an OpenGL ES capable graphics chip, which cheaper Androids don't have. Evernote, another popular productivity app, is difficult to work with in a sub 3.5in screen like those on cheaper devices.
  3. mrbutters

mrbutters Well-Known Member

My friend got a Pantech from AT&T I think, was 99 cents. A decent phone too, looks like a BB without the keyboard on the front
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Do you have a price range? You'd probably be best served picking up something used.