Cheap basic stereo headsetAccessories

Last Updated:

1. will_a

will_a Active Member This Topic's Starter

Please forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I haven't been able to find any posts about this. The official specs on the evo list a 3.5mm headset jack which is the same for my ipod. However, my skull candy ipod earbuds and my stock white apple earbuds don't plugin all the way on my evo and I don't hear any audio through them.

I'm not sure if the evo headset jack is deeper than the ipod's or what, but I could use some suggestions on what the problem might be. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and would like to run to a local store for a headset but don't have the time to return them if they won't work. Just looking for an inexpensive pair of earbuds, no play/rewind/pause controls, no mic...just for listening to music/movies.

thanks,
    will

Edited:
    I'm in a pretty urban area, so RadioShack, BestBuy, MicroCenter, etc. Hopefully something that I can find in one of those stores that is known to work with the evo. My other 3.5mm earbuds don't work as I wrote above.

Advertisement
  2. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

...Push harder :)

3. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

4. will_a

Seriously? I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now if that's it. I've never plugged in a headset to it yet, so is it possible that straight from the factory it's just a really tight fit (vs how easily it plugs in and out of my 3 year old ipod)?

5. will_a

It's official... I'm an idiot. In my defense though, I was driving and inserting the 2 headsets I tried with 1 hand. Still feel pretty damn lame though. *hangs head*