• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cheap but good Android 2.3 tablet

brockied

Lurker
Sep 15, 2011
Hi everyone, i have come to this forum because i am stuck. I need some real advice on what Tablet to get.

I would like a android 2.3 tablet with 3g support and flash. 7" or 8" would be great and 800/1gig speed processor and dual touch.

All i seem to find is missleading tablets they look great but from reviews i hear some don't have UK android market place only US or China version which is no good. I would really like a UK version android.

Budget

I've seen the Samsung Galaxies (7") selling here for under $300US but that's without a data plan. This one doesn't appear too shabby, either.

As far as the market is concerned, there isn't really a US or UK market. There are some countries that don't have access to paid apps because of trade/banking restrictions but the Android Market is pretty much the same for everybody. Now, some Chinese tablet manufacturers do not pay Google the license fee to have access to the market so they create "shadow" markets for apps, which are sub-par at best with possible copyright violations and malware, so, I'd try and avoid those.

Upvote 0
I'd guess that to have Android Market, you have to stick to the more well known brands: Acer, ASUS, Toshiba, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and LG (if they have a tablet).

I don't want to totally confuse you but some Chines made tablets do have access to the Android Market, you just have to be careful that they specifically say that and there is some sort of return policy with the vendor if it turns out they misled you. There are a lot of complaints (on Amazon, where there are a lot of the knock-offs being sold) about trying to return a tablet for various reasons only to find you have to pay return postage which can be almost as much as the cost of the tablet.

Caveat emptor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones